Resources for Writers
Welcome to a growing archive.
These are the resources I’ve created specifically to help fellow writers in their own journeys:
I’ve read quite a bit of material in the search for crafting great stories.
Here’s a shortened reference list of my top ten books, courses, and other resources I constantly reference and therefore consider excellent additions to your own writing journey:
- Ackerman, Angela, and Becca Puglisi. The Emotional Wound Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Psychological Trauma. JADD Publishing, 2017.
- Brody, Jessica. Save the Cat! Write a Novel. Ten Speed Press, 2018.
- Card, Orson Scott, Athans, Philip and Lake, Jay. Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction: How To Create Out-Of-This-World Novels And Short Stories. 2nd ed. Writer’s Digest Books, 2013.
- Deverell, Eva A. “The One Page Novel Course Textbook.” The Lady Writers League.
- Kenyon, Sherrilyn. The Writer’s Guide to Everyday Life in the Middle Ages. Writer’s Digest, 2000. (Amazon went weird on this one, I don’t know where else to get a copy)
- Kieffer, Kristen. “The Pre-Write Project.” She’s Novel LLC, 2017.
- Kieffer, Kristen. “World-Building Warrior.” She’s Novel LLC, 2017.
- Weiland, K.M. Creating Character Arcs Workbook: The Writer’s Reference to Exceptional Character Development and Creative Writing. Pen For A Sword Publishing. 2017.
- Weiland, K.M. Outlining Your Novel Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises for Planning Your Best Book. Pen For A Sword Publishing, 2014.
- Weiland, K.M. Structuring Your Novel Workbook: Hands-On Help for Building Strong and Successful Stories. Pen For A Sword Publishing, 2014.